Contest is now closed! Congrats Nicole! Please contact me to claim your prize. 🙂
The following is a sponsored post by Earth’s Own Almond Fresh and they have graciously donated this gift basket to a lucky winner in Canada! To enter make sure to answer the question at the end of the post and newsletter readers, do not forget to answer MY question to be entered twice! Everyone, leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.
Sugar consumption has been a highly discussed matter in the media and it seems that lately, there is a more proactive effort to reduce sugar consumption.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar sweetened beverages. Sweetened beverages, including fruit-flavoured drinks, carbonated drinks, sports and energy drinks, may be the single largest driving factor of the obesity epidemic. Replace these beverages with calorie-free drinks such as water, tea or drinks that provide vitamins and nutrients such as almond milk and 100% pure fruit juice. Almond Fresh Unsweetened is a refreshing, no sugar added beverage which can be enjoyed by the glass or be used as a cooking ingredient in healthy, low-sugar meals.
- Skip sugary ingredients. Instead of jams, jellies, honey and syrups, consider adding vanilla or almond extract or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger which impart a sweet flavour without the use of sugar.
- Say no to candy and chocolate. Plan to have a snack between meals to help maintain blood sugars and prevent sugar cravings. Consider plain yogurt with berries, raw vegetables and hummus or a fruit and unsweetened almond milk smoothie.
- Add nutrients, not calories. Make healthier choices when choosing desserts. Consider having tinned peaches packed in water, apple crumble with oatmeal topping, low-sugar Greek yogurt with fresh berries or simply a glass of steamed unsweetened almond milk with a dash of cinnamon.
- Cook together. Skipping the sugar is no cake walk. Canadian health experts continue to point to cooking together as a family to establish healthy cooking habits and a healthy lifestyle. Selecting weekly meals and shopping as a family will also help instill healthy eating habits. Remember, start simple and make small changes over time and you’ll soon start to see a change in your overall health.
Earth’s Own Almond Fresh has donated a gift basket with the following goodies:
· Two Almond Fresh tumblers
· 3 coupons for free Almond Fresh almond milk
· Bamboo kitchen scale
· Single Service blender
· Set of six bamboo placemats
· Stainless steel measuring spoons
· Stainless steel measuring cups
· Stainless steel colander
· Set of four silicone spatulas